Saturday, September 10, 2016

Baby Goats

We took on a new adventure this summer... We bought us a mommy goat name CoCo!! She was pregnant was due the first part of june. she ended up having two cute baby goats Wednesday june 15. CoCO had a little boy named Jackson and a sweet little girl named Mesa! They were both so little and so cute!!

Saturday morning we got up and Mesa wasn't looking to well.. we tried to get her up and get her to suck her mom.. She wouldn't so I ran into the house and got a surgine and chase started to milk CoCo, Mesa Finally drank off the surgine.. I left that day to go with my parents to Utah and chase left to go with his parents to a penning.. I was sick to my stomach most of the morning knowing that mesa wouldn't make it. I called my good friend bradie and she went over three times that day and took care of Mesa and made sure she ate.. When we got home that night Mesa was up walking around..

About a week later Mesa got very weak and stopped eating.. she passed away june 21. We are thinking she didn't get the colostrum she needed..

I have became very attached to our cute Jackson, the girls love playing with him. He is just like a little puppy dog, follows us everywhere!!


No comments:

Post a Comment